- Road crush (¾”) or a similar compactable gravel
- Adhesive for cap stones
- Building materials, depending on preference:
Castlestone Firepit: (27" inside diameter, 46" outside diameter, and 18" tall)
One of the following options:
a) A pre-packaged kit
b) 29 standards, 2 starters, and 15 caps
Rox Firepit: (30” inside diameter and 12” tall)
39 blocks (10”)
13 caps (10”)
- Place a row of stones/blocks on the ground to outline the area, ensuring that the row is level and that the stone/block edges are flush with each other. Mark the area and remove the stones/blocks.
- Clear the marked area of sod and grass.
- Dig a trench that is 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) deep around the edge of the cleared area.
- Fill the trench with ¾” road crush.
- Compact the road crush and ensure that it is level.
- Lay the first row of stones/blocks on the road crush, again ensuring that the row is level and that the stone/block edges are flush with each other. (We recommend that you leave one block out of the bottom layer to create a vent for the firepit.)
- Continue to lay other rows of stones/blocks on top of the first row until the firepit reaches its maximum height. Always ensure that each row is level and the stone/block edges are flush with each other.
- Place cap stones in place and use adhesive to secure them in place.
- Set the grill on top of the firepit.